Green Meetings at the Westin South Coast Plaza
The Westin South Coast Plaza has created an unparalleled host of earth-friendly amenities for greener meetings, conferences, and events in 29,000 square-feet of meeting facilities.
- Partnering with Silicon Valley companies to produce green events
- 100% recycled note pads and pens are made from recycled materials
- Fluorescent lighting throughout meeting areas
- Eco-friendly water service
- Meeting room recycling, where available
- Online event menus and recyclable box lunch program
- Organic flowers (upon request)
- America's Second Harvest, where available
- Paperless billing
Green From the Inside Out
The Westin South Coast Plaza strives to satisfy our guests' needs while being kind to the environment. From recycled paper to water conservation, we are creative in approach and innovative in design.
- ENERGY STAR® certified property
- Certified to Green Seal's GS-33 Standard*
- 25% of energy comes from clean windmill power
- Office paper, plastic and glass is recycled
- Only post-consumer paper is used
- Water conserving 1.6pgf toilets and showers heads are in all guest rooms
- Motion sensors and timed light switches are in all offices, storage rooms and vending machines
- Sensors and water conserving faucets are in all public restrooms
- Purified water stations are present in foyer areas
- Reusable, thermal lunch boxes are provided
- Pinot Provence restaurant purchases produce only from organic growers
- In room Starbucks coffee stations use recyclable cups from post consumer paper
Stay Green When You're Away From Home
Starwood Hotels and Resorts is a proud advocate and leader in a variety of environmental sustainability practices.
- Replaced light bulbs with energy-efficient bulbs
- Installed low-flow showerheads and toilets
- Introduced water/energy saving linen program
- Operates the most ENERGY STAR® certified properties in the industry
- Involves its global workforce in eco-volunteerism
* The Westin Southcoast Plaza meets Green SealTM Standard GS-33 based on waste minimization, water and energy efficiency, hazardous substance handling, and an environmental purchasing policy. To view Green Seal's GS-33 Standard click here.